Yes, I know I'm a little late to be posting about Mardi Gras because it was this past Tuesday. However, I love Mardi Gras and I was just looking at my dinning room table and thinking about how I need to remove all my decorations tomorrow and start decorating for Valentine's Day. I really don't know what my fascination is with Mardi Gras. I've never attended the big festivities in New Orleans, although I did go to the parades in Galveston one year. I love all the colors, the outlandish masks, the beads and coins, and the parades. And I think it would be a blast to attend one of the balls!
Anyway, this year I went all out and decorated our dinning room table. I made a centerpiece out of Christmas decorations which I found for 75% off after Christmas. I draped the table with a purple tablecloth and scattered beads and coins around the table. My wedding china went perfectly with the table-setting and I placed a mask in the center of each bowl. A gold napkin was stuffed in each goblet.
My menu inclued chicken and sausage gumbo (http://www.recipezaar.com/284631), white rice, and warm French bread. I made a kings cake (http://www.recipezaar.com/90932) for dessert.
I even dressed up Dottie for the special occassion. Although it was just me and my husband for dinner this year, we still enjoyed the food and each other's company.
Laissez les bons temps rouler!
1 comment:
Dottie looks adorable and ready for a night on the town!
Post a Comment